Do you know the signs of brakes going bad that you should be watching out for? These symptoms of bad brakes will only continue to get worse if you procrastinate in scheduling a brake service. Don’t compromise the safety of your family by driving a vehicle with bad brakes. If you are worried about any of the signs of the braking problems listed below, it’s time for the help of brake repair experts:
- The dash brake light comes on and stays on.
- You hear squealing, grinding, or scraping noises when using the brakes.
- You feel vibrations or wobbling when you step on the brake pedal.
- You notice fluid leaks on the garage floor.
- When you step on the brake pedal it feels spongy or soft.
- Car veers to the side when braking.
- You smell a hot burning odor while driving.
- Your car bounces up and down when you come to a hard stop.
The factors below impact the lifespan of your brakes:
- Style of driving
- Weight of your vehicle
- Quality of brake materials
- Use of your vehicle
A word to the wise: Take care of any needed brake repair as soon as you notice the signs of bad brakes. You are responsible to keep your loved ones and friends safe on the road.
If you are noticing the signs of brakes going bad, contact our ASE Certified technicians at MOTEC Auto Care today for more information about brake service and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in San Diego, CA, and the surrounding area.