Lifetime Tune Ups & 30k/60k/90k Factory Services
Getting regular tune-ups in accordance with your vehicle’s factory-recommended maintenance is the best way to protect your car, extend its life, and prevent high-cost auto repairs. Regular maintenance ensures that your car will perform optimally and have better gas mileage. Most vehicles need tune-ups every 30,000 miles and major maintenance at 60,000 miles. Some newer vehicles do not need major maintenance until 100,000. Cars built before 1979 have additional requirements, such as changing the points and condenser or checking the timing. Our specialists are trained to repair vehicles built prior to 1979. We are also trained to tune up fuel-injected vehicles, which need to have the throttle plate cleaned and the air/fuel mixture adjusted.
At MOTEC, we follow the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines for each tune-up.
For all tune-ups, we:
- Replace the fuel filter(s).
- Replace the air filter.
- Inspect spark plugs and replace worn spark plugs.
- Inspect distributor cap and replace if necessary.
- Inspect rotor and install a new rotor if old one is cracked, burned, or has carbon.
- Inspect valve-cover gasket and adjust valves.
- Check and refill fluids.
- Check battery and clean terminal.
- Replace PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve if clogged.
As with all our services, if you get a tune-up at MOTEC, you’ll get the MOTEC lifetime parts guarantee.*
Thank you for visiting MOTEC Auto Care in San Diego, CA. Count on our automotive repair technicians for complete automotive repairs, maintenance, and diagnostic services. Choosing our team will keep your car, truck, suv, or van on the roads longer and safer.